Wednesday, August 13, 2014

That's TSAR last season

I think I'm a little in love with Russia.

Now, if you know me, you'd know I love snow but I detest the cold - so I actually think I'm more in love with the idea of Russia. From their onion domes, babushka dolls to the rich history of the Tsars, the revolution, communism and so much more! It really is a fascinating place.



I spent a good deal of my childhood watching the Anastasia movie and being in love with Dimitri (my first crush and yes, I am aware he is a cartoon character) which only fuelled my love for the country and its myths even more (and it's an awesome movie). Also there was an extravagance of the time that (granted their extravagances were arguably one of the reasons the people of Russia rebelled and killed the Tsar and his family...) are the sort that don't exist today. Seriously. Look up Faberge Eggs if you want to get an idea of the wealth and opulence these people had at their disposal (I'm totally jealous - aside from the whole being murdered part).

(Seriously if you haven't seen the film go see it now. Go.)


So because of this love and because it's winter I'm posting a Tsarist-Russia theme photo editorial which is just so beautiful it makes me want every single thing the model wears! Which is exactly what a good photo editorial should do!!


Title: Русские сезоны
Source: Tatler Russia, December 2011
Model: Madelene de la Motte
Photographer: Thomas Whiteside
Stylist: Anya Ziourova





Seriously, does she look like a Tsarina or what? Ugh. 









Fluffy hats are the best things ever, I've decided. 


So are fluffy boots. Want. 




Seriously, go see the movie. 

Fashion is a weapon, use it sassily


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips